ilMuseums: Israel Museums Guide

Search:                     Category Region    


The Kinneret Courtyard

Region: Galilee and Golan      Category: Historical Museums     

The Kinneret Courtyard
The Kinneret Courtyard

Description
The Kinneret Courtyard (established in 1908) served as an agricultural and social laboratory during the period of the Second Aliya. It was here where the first buds of social experimentation developed, with ideas like the Kibbutz and the Moshav. Kinneret Courtyard was also a hothouse for burgeoning organizations, including the Hagana. Also the feminist revolution takes place in the Courtyard - the women’s training farm known as Chavat Ha’almot (the maidens’ farm) and the beginnings of the agricultural schools in Eretz Israel. It was only natural for the leaders of that period to live and workin the Kinneret Courtyard. They included A.D. Gordon, Berl Katzenelson, Ben Zion Yisraeli, Zalman Shazar, Yosef Bussel, Shmuel Dayan, Yitzhak Tabenkin, Levi Eshkol and Rachel, the poetess.

|

send to a friend  |  print this page  |  back



Previous in the category 1 Next in the category
The Jabotinsky Museum The Last Battle for the Old City Museum
Previous in the region 4 Next in the region
The Holocaust and Resistance Museum The Lieberman Heritage Museum


ilMuseums: about this museum in RussianilMuseums: about this museum in Hebrew
Main Page

Click here for more information
Useful Information
  • Opening hours
    sun  09:00 - 17:00
    mon 09:00 - 17:00
    tue  09:00 - 17:00
    wed 09:00 - 17:00
    thu  09:00 - 17:00
    fri  09:00 - 14:00
    sat  10:00 - 17:00
  • Admission
    Entrance fee
  • Address
    The Kinneret Court, p.o.b. 1173, Moshava Kinneret 15105
  • Location
    The Moshava Kinneret entrance
  • Phone
    972-4-6709117

  • 972-4-6709119 (fax)
 


Quick search
   advertising museums | exhibitions | forums | archive | about us © 2000-2011 TravelNet   

  Рейтинг@Mail.ru