If you are just getting into bodybuilding, you have probably heard other weightlifters and trainers talking about “cycles.” What are these? Well, there a period in which an individual ingests a drug for training purposes. Sometimes they are combined with different drugs in what are called “stacks.” There are two kinds of cycles; bulking and cutting. Bulking cycles are designed to help the athlete gain mass and put on bulky muscle. The cutting cycle is tasked with the opposite, being used to help a person lose weight and sculpt their bodies.
You probably want to undergo one of these cycles to help jump start your bodybuilding process. For your first cycle, you should always stick with Testosterone. There are few different reasons that a testosterone cycle is the best choice for your first attempt at it.
1. It works – Testosterone is a steroid that exists naturally in the body. It is a great litmus test for a first time user because it can indicate how well they might react to other steroids as well.
2. It builds muscle but not too fast – This is especially important for first-time cyclers. Of course, the goal is to build as much muscle as possible as quickly as possible, but you don’t want it to grow too fast. If you do that, it could cause unnecessary strain on your tendons and cause injury. Everyone wants to look like a greek adonis today. Like anything else, this is going to take some work if you want to achieve your goals.
3. Affordability – If you are new to the hobby, you probably don’t want to spend a lot of money on it. Test cycles are great for this because testosterone is easy to get. It is also fairly inexpensive and affordable. Test cycles are great because newbies can afford them and still get some noticeable results.
Testosterone is one of the mildest steroids on the market. It has some serious upsides, but none of them are too drastic. Your first cycle should be testosterone only, but as you move on you can combine in with other steroids in stacks for different results.
Like any other medication, there are going to be some side effects. They range in severity from person to person. With testosterone cycles, they are much more damaging to women than men because of the way that their body reacts to the hormone. Here are some of the downsides of a test cycle.
1. Gains Limited – This is why it is not recommended for more experienced bodybuilders. The gains are only mild. The mild results are coupled with milder side effects than other steroids, so that’s a bonus.
2. Tendons and Ligaments – Some athletes that have to take testosterone cycles have experience tendon and ligament damage, especially in areas where they have been working out. The increased muscle can cause it to strain. Also, the increased endurance that testosterone provides makes people work out longer than they should sometimes, causing unwanted injury to their ligaments and cartilage.
3. Hard to control effects – With other anabolic steroids, the side effects can be mitigated by taking other substances to control them. This method is far less effective when it comes to testosterone. The hormone is resistant to a lot of these medications.
As you can see, testosterone is the premier choice for your first steroid cycle. It does provide mild benefits, but the cons are not very severe at all. It is a great way to gauge how your body will react to other steroids. Always consult with your doctor before taking these supplements.